How To Deadlift With Proper Form
2. Stand in your stance with your shins close to the bar. Keep your shins around an inch from... the bar and hip hinge (bend at the hips with a straight back whilst squatting down) until you can grip the bar.
3. Before you start the lift, you are going to pull the slack out of the bar. Start the lift slow but forcefully do not jerk the bar fast off the floor.
4. Make sure your chin is tucked, this will ensure you maintain a neutral spine. Make sure you look at a spot on the floor 1 metre from the bar, this will help you maintain correct head position.
5. Force your bodyweight through your heels and force your knees out against yor arms, this will create drive through your hips.
6. Make sure you pull and stand up straight, do not over arch and overextend your lower back.